What you need to know…
North Sydney is a rich and vibrant central business district – the third largest in Australia. It sits at the gateway to all major arterial roads just north of the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge and is full of commercial and retail office space for lease.
With plenty of high-rise buildings, four shopping malls and a conveniently placed railway station (North Sydney Station). This means that is the perfect location for businesses that need easy access to all parts of Sydney and are looking for an alternative to being based in the city centre. The precinct’s café and restaurant scene has grown in recent years and now has options to rival the Sydney CBD.
Capital growth rates and rental yields for office space in North Sydney are strong, while vacancy rates are below the national average. The area is benefiting from the natural spread of the corporate market as the city becomes more and more congested. Sony, Coca-Cola, NBN, Vodafone, Channel 9 and the US Embassy are all now headquartered in North Sydney.
Facilities in the area:
- North Sydney Train Station
- Green Point Plaza
- Northpoint Shopping Centre
- Berry Square
- North Sydney Town Hall
- Pool & Lane 9 Gym (a state-of-the-art Olympic Pool and gym)
- Royal North Shore Hospital
- The Vibe Milsons Point
For all the parking stations in this precinct, please go to:
Please note the City of Sydney’s parking regulations:
To Do & See:
- Walk along the beautiful tree-lined Blues Point Road and settle at one of the pretty cafes on offer.
- Why not start your day right or squeeze a lunchtime workout in at Fitness First North Sydney?
- Head to one of the great pubs in the area such as The Greenwood or Commodore Hotel for a weekday lunch.
- Book a table at Ripples in Milsons Point
- Visit the famous Luna Park for some fun on the rollercoasters; the view isn’t too bad either!
- Finish your week in style with some drinks at the Tree House Bar and Restaurant or The Green’s at North Sydney Bowling Club, where you can enjoy a barefoot game as well!
- Visit iconic North Sydney Oval to watch a game of league, union or cricket and grab a bite to eat and a drink while you’re there at its Oval bar.
Contact information and useful links:
North Sydney enjoys easy access to train stations and major bus interchanges (such as those buses that run along the Pacific Highway and take commuters to and from destinations such as North Shore and Manly as well as into the Sydney CBD and beyond).
Sydney Visitor Information Centre - 12-24 Playfair Street Shop 1-2, The Rocks Centre, The Rocks1800 067 676
Kings Cross Visitor Information Kiosk - Corner Darlinghurst Road and Springfield Avenue, Potts Point(02) 9265 9333
Sydney Trains & Buses Information Hotline (24hours / 7 days)131 500
North Sydney Council, Customer Service Centre 200 Miller St, North Sydney, Sydney(02) 9936 8100
Sydney’s City Fringe area spans the suburbs of East Sydney, Darlinghurst, Surry Hills, through to Pyrmont, Ultimo, Chippendale, right over to the Inner West.
Mid CBD is the smallest of Sydney’s precincts, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in wow factor!
The Northern CBD precinct runs from Martin Place to Circular Quay, stretching through Macquarie and Kent Streets. Other streets in this area are Phillip, Clarence, Bridge and King Streets.