What you need to know…
Mid CBD is the smallest of Sydney’s precincts, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in wow factor. The area spans Park Street to King Street, not crossing over York Street to the West or Elizabeth Street to the East. A fantastic location for public transport, Mid CBD is halfway between Town Hall Station and Wynyard, with George Street running through it. This part of the city is a breeze to get in and out of, with buses running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to every destination outside of the Business District.
Home to the main retail hub of the City Centre, it includes the stunning Queen Victoria Building (QVB) and Strand Arcade, Pitt Street Mall and Westfield Sydney. Brace yourself for shopping delights!
Facilities in the area:
- Sydney Town Hall
- Sydney Tower Eye
- Queen Victoria Building (QVB)
- Strand Arcade
- Pitt Street Mall
- Westfield Sydney
- The Galleries
- The Great Synagogue
- The Hilton Hotel
- The State Theatre
- Woolworths on George Street
For all the parking stations in this precinct, please go to:
Please note City of Sydney’s parking regulations:
To Do & See:
- Take a tour of Sydney Tower, the tallest building in Sydney.
- Go for after work drinks at the Marble Bar, part of the Hilton Hotel on George Street.
- Grab a coffee at Café Gumption in the Strand Arcade and watch the world go by.
- Check out the Bronze sculpture of dog ‘Islay’, the famous talking dog outside of the QVB.
- Stop in for lunch at the impressive Westfield food court, where there is a great selection of international cuisines.
- Stroll through Pitt Street Mall and see the array of buskers entertaining the crowds.
- Take in a show at The State Theatre.
- Walk through the glorious Queen Victoria Building and settle in for afternoon tea at the grand Victoria Tea Rooms.
Contact information and useful links:
Public Transport is within only a minute’s walk to Town Hall, Martin Place or Wynyard train station. And a short, easy walk down to either Central Station in the South of the CBD or Circular Quay in North CBD.
Sydney Visitor Information Centre 106 George Street, Sydney NSW13 20 77
Sydney Trains & Buses Information Hotline - 24hours / 7 days131 500
OPAL Card Hotline for Information & Assistance - 24 hours / 7 days13 67 25
Sydney’s City Fringe area spans the suburbs of East Sydney, Darlinghurst, Surry Hills, through to Pyrmont, Ultimo, Chippendale, right over to the Inner West.
The Northern CBD precinct runs from Martin Place to Circular Quay, stretching through Macquarie and Kent Streets. Other streets in this area are Phillip, Clarence, Bridge and King Streets.
North Sydney is a rich and vibrant central business district – the third largest in Australia, which sits at the gateway to all major arterial roads just North of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It is full of commercial and retail office space for lease.